Provide software and hardware support including user support, upgrading, testing, and implementation. Setting up, supporting, and troubleshooting/repairing/upgrading computers, phones, printers, and servers; installing software, writing/running reports, and general user support in office and manufacturing areas. User and company data administration. Install any new hardware, network/phone jacks and wiring. Assist with IT projects and learn how to support new systems.
· Tier 1 technical support for users on-site and remotely connected. Troubleshoot, diagnose, and provide resolution for network, Windows PC hardware and software related issues.
· Software/hardware setup and configuration. Running and hooking up cables and wires and assisting users in using software/hardware.
· Work with other IT staff with projects. Including in-depth research, hardware/software upgrades, purchasing, implementation, and testing.
· Develops and implements various training, job aids, and instruction for users on
the use of operating systems, networking, applications, and databases
Create and maintain documentation: system configurations, internal IT procedures.
· Evaluating new hardware and software; advises on hardware and software alternatives; recommends standards for selection of software.
· User account administration (including door access).
· Windows OS
· Microsoft Office
· Active Directory
· Working knowledge of network connectivity
· Working knowledge of computers, printers, peripherals, etc
· Good interpersonal, communication, and technical writing skills
· Detail oriented and good analytical skills
· Self-motivated and able to work independently without constant supervision
· 1-3 years technical support, Windows clients, Microsoft Office
· 1-3 years Windows administration & support
· 1-3 years network connectivity/security administration & support
· A.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical training/certification
· Relevant certifications:
· CompTIA: A+, Network+, Server+, Security+
· Microsoft: MTA, MCP