Tool & Die Maker
Constructs, alters, and repairs a wide variety of tools, dies, jigs, fixtures, and gauges to very close tolerance. Develops strategies for fabricating designed dies using most suitable machining resources. Maintains specified tolerance to warrant the proper qualification of the stamped product. Meets all quality and efficiency expectations.
- Assists in the design of complex high-speed progressive dies.
- Builds dies from conceptional drawings or layouts.
- Schedules and supervises lesser skilled tool makers assigned to their project.
- Diagnoses and corrects problems in complicated tools and dies.
- Understands the uses and applications of all compositions of steels and carbide materials.
- Uses machinery with a high degree of expertise to produce quality components for dies in a time-efficient manner.
- Inspects parts to customer’s blueprints and has working knowledge of S.P.C. and geometric tolerancing.
- Works consistently to .0001 of an inch or less when required.
- Works with production personnel to resolve technical and manufacturing problems.
- Participates in ISO/QS internal and external audits related to the stamping dept.
- Promotes cleanliness and safety policies and procedures throughout the entire company.
- Stays current on new stamping related technologies through trade publications, etc.
- Performs other related duties as required by management.
- Requires the completion of a four-year (8000 hr) apprentice program.
- Minimum of four years related experience.
- Demonstrates the ability to use shop mathematics, handbook of geometric and trigonometric formulas.
- Work from operative sheets, drawings and sketches and use all types of precision measuring instruments.
- Must have thorough knowledge of machine shop practices, principles of mechanics machine shop operations and the working generalities of material.
- Paid Time off
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Group Lift Insurance
- Flexible Spending
- Annual Flu Shot
- Pet Insurance
- Educational Assistance
- Unlimited use of Weiss-Aug's gym
We provide excellent company benefits and a competitive salary. We are an equal opportunity employer.
220 Merry Lane, East Hanover, NJ, 07936
January 19, 2023