The Surface Grinding position is responsible for set up, programming and operating variety of machine tools to produce precision metal parts, instruments, and tools.
- Work from blueprints, sketches, or computer-aided design (CAD) and computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) files
- Set up, operate grinding equipment as necessary for the manufacturing of specific tooling components.
- Align, secure and adjust cutting tools and workpieces.
- Grind machine parts to high tolerance specifications.
- Measure, examine and test, as required, to ensure the completed components for conformance to specifications and free of defects.
- Record accurately labor time spent on each job.
- Present product to Die Assembly or shipping department or deliver to next operation for completion.
- Ability to compute and verify dimensions, sizes, shapes and tolerances of components.
- Assist internal and external customers as needed with various manufacturing processes.
- Inspect work area to ensure that no obvious issues with equipment or safety exists.
- Ability to use measuring instruments such as micrometers, comparators, dial indicators, gauge blocks, and load test equipment.
- Ability to operate additional equipment in other department areas as needed.
- Use logic and reasoning to identify strength and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Perform other work-related duties and tasks as assigned.
- Ability to make proper wheel selections and dress wheels accordingly.
- Completion of high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Five years working experience in similar work environment.
- Blueprint reading, metalworking, drafting classes.
- Desire to take classes as needed to gain additional skills needed to succeed in tool and die manufacturing.
- Ability to use common tools.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Possess strong mathematical skills.
- Ability to push a minimum of 100 pounds; ability to lift 50 pounds unassisted.
148 Prominence Dr, New Kensington , PA, 15068
February 24, 2023