Punch Press Operator - 1st & 2nd Shift
The Weiss-Aug Group’s Elk Grove Village location, Diemasters Mfg., is seeking Punch Press Operators for 1st and 2nd shift.
The set-up person will not only operate machines, he or she will also be responsible for setting up the press and making adjustments, as needed, to conform to specifications.
- Safely set up press and adjust stroke, stock stops, automatic roll feed and straightener and dial feed according to process instructions
- Perform blanking, piercing, forming and drawing operations on a limited variety of parts.
- Visually inspect work pieces for conformance to specifications, using micrometer or other measuring instruments to very workmanship standard.
- Submit 1st piece for approval
- Perform in process inspection, filling out control plan
- Determine when dies need adjustments
- Document all required production data and prepare product for next step
- Other duties as deemed necessary
- Knowledge of smart pack
- Ability to troubleshoot if problems arise during set up or run
- Mechanical aptitude; interest in the responsible proper use of equipment in a safe manner
- Must be dependable, reliable and able to work well on a team
- 2+ year experience
- Paid Time off
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Group Lift Insurance
- Flexible Spending
- Annual Flu Shot
- Pet Insurance
- Educational Assistance
2100 Touhy Ave, Elk Grove Village, IL, 60007
March 7, 2023