Prototype Tooling & Part Designer / Estimator
|The Prototype Tooling & Part Designer / Estimator will be responsible for working with customers on designs for Prototype Tooling (1-Up Tooling, Fixturing), Getting Quotes & Estimates for Fabrication.|
- Minimum of 5 yrs of experience designing and/or fabricating complex tooling along with high-volume and/or tight tolerance products is preferred.
- 2-yr. technical degree required; 4-yr engineering degree preferred. Equivalent experience in a hands-on technical position, such as tool maker/apprentice, may be considered as a substitute for degree.
- Very Proficient 3D SolidWorks design package along with 2-D experience (i.e. DraftSight, AutoCAD, SolidEdge). Experience analyzing simulation software and editing desirable.
- Ability to read blueprints and other technical documents. Requires understanding of ANSI/ISO drawing standards and GD&T dimensioning.
- Demonstrated knowledge of injection molding industry and practices, or related tooling experience.
- Basic understanding of the functioning and major components of equipment in which tooling will be utilized. Understanding of ancillary equipment desirable.
- Knowledge of Wire EDM and/or CNC machining technologies.
148 Prominence Dr, New Kensington , PA, 15068
November 8, 2022