The Weiss-Aug Group’s Elk Grove Village location, Diemasters Mfg., is seeking a Material Handler for 2nd shift.
The Material Handler’s main task is to safely move material from one location to another, using a forklift. He or she maintains production and distribution of product by pulling orders from inventory; delivering production materials and supplies; staging finished product.
- Display a good understanding of the safe operation and knowledge of equipment.
- Move materials, supplies, and finished goods, by hand truck or forklift to designated places in the facility and ensure that the presses are kept running.
- Load and unload dies from the presses in a safe and orderly fashion as well as cleaning the dies of any scrap that may be accumulated. Also, return the dies in the proper location and ensure that they are properly blocked with wood or rubber if required.
- Loading and unloading of coils onto/off of payout, de-reeling equipment safely following standard procedures.
- Move parts to their designated areas and dispose of scrap in the appropriate scrap bins, replacing parts containers with new ones when the others are removed.
- Keep the floor in the area of the material rack clear by putting away all the material that is not in use.
- Stack pallets in their designated areas and empty waste oil in the appropriate containers without interrupting production.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Excellent communication skills, ability to follow directions. Bilingual a plus.
- Excellent forklift driving skills; must have at least 1 year of experience.
- Must also possess the ability to take direction from peers and supervision to optimize productivity.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Must be dependable, reliable and a team player.
- Paid Time off
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Group Lift Insurance
- Flexible Spending
- Annual Flu Shot
- Pet Insurance
- Educational Assistance
2100 Touhy Ave, Elk Grove Village, IL, 60007
March 7, 2023