The Weiss-Aug Group’s Elk Grove Village location, Diemasters Mfg., is seeking a Maintenance Technician.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for the installation and maintenance of punch press and related stamping equipment and other sheet metal manufacturing equipment. The responsibilities include inspection, lubrication, preventive/predictive maintenance and reacting to unplanned maintenance needs for production equipment. This position is also responsible for contributing to a safe workplace and minimizing negative impacts by complying with Company policies, procedures, work instructions. This position will report to the Tool Room Supervisor.
- Electrical, Mechanical, Pneumatic, Hydraulic
- Building Maintenance
- Building maintenance
- Motor drives
- Conveyer systems
- Demonstrates the ability to troubleshoot and repair basic electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic issues on most equipment within the plant.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance independently on most plant equipment and includes basic electrical and hydraulic systems.
- Makes process/equipment improvement recommendations to Maintenance Manager.
- Responds to on-call emergencies.
- Communicate critical issues to Group Lead and/or Maintenance Manager in a timely manner.
- Orders parts as needed and maintains spare parts inventory.
- Completes required maintenance documentation in a timely manner which includes work orders, timesheets and parts requests.
- Train machine operators on daily maintenance procedures.
- Performs general plant, building and grounds maintenance as required.
- Adheres to 5s and safety procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 5+ years' experience
- Responsible for preventative maintenance on all production equipment.
- Be able to lift, push, or pull at least 50lbs
- Adhere to good manufacturing practices
- Position may work with vendors and contractors as needed.
- Must pay strict attention to details and have a high-quality standard.
- Candidates should possess solid mechanical and electrical abilities working on industrial equipment.
- Automation and PLC programming is strongly desired
- Paid Time off
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Group Lift Insurance
- Flexible Spending
- Annual Flu Shot
- Pet Insurance
- Educational Assistance
2100 Touhy Ave, Elk Grove Village, IL, 60007
March 7, 2023