Engineering Stamping Team Lead
- Analyze existing processes using data and present proposals for improvements. Implementation and verification of acceptance of proposed improvements. Improvements focused on quality (zero-defect), scrap (improve cost), and productivity (measurements to standard).
- Investigate and determine root cause(s) for internal and external complaints and/or quality rejections. (DPD, DPA’s, 8D’s, DMR).
- Lead or participate in troubleshooting of existing and new processes.
- Create and maintain process documentation. Train personnel as it relates to process documentation and procedures.
- Participate in ISO/QS internal and external audits.
- Promote cleanliness and safety policies and procedures throughout the entire Company.
- Leads Cross-Functional Team Meetings and Captures, Assigns Action Items to Track deliverables through to Completion.
- Supervise QE/CMM Programmers in the inspection of Surgical Products Jaw Stampings. Provide required oversight, training, and analyze data to ensure components are functional in secondary and final processes. Suggest improvements to internal prints, control plans, and inspection procedures to reduce scrap/improve quality.
- Stay current (magazines, trade shows, seminars, etc) on new technology as it relates to the Company’s scope.
- This position requires 50-75 % of the duties to be spent on the manufacturing floor.
BS degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering.
- Must possess good analytical and problem-solving skills and mechanical aptitude.
- 5+ years minimum experience in a medium/high volume manufacturing environment.
- Must be a driven self-starter that works with little supervision.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess the ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- Must be a Team player and can interact effectively with all departments within the Company.
- Must have good windows-based PC skills (Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, etc).
- ISO/QS knowledge preferred.
- Plastic Injection/Insert Molding and/or Progressive Stamping Experience a plus.
- Use of Minitab and/or other Statistical Tools for Data Analysis
- CMM/Vision S
6 Daniel Road East, Fairfield, NJ, 07004
Remote work possible
May 25, 2022