The Weiss-Aug Group is an internationally recognized leader in precision metal stamping, injection molding, value-added assembly solutions and tooling; serving the medical device industry, automotive industry and industrial sector for over 50 years. We provide design, prototype, advanced engineering support, and manufacturing services, ensuring a seamless transition from prototype to production.
CEO + Founder, Weiss-Aug; Chair - the Weiss-Aug Group
Dieter Weissenrieder emigrated from Germany in 1960 as a tool and die maker to work for his uncle’s tooling business. He quickly became the manager of the company, and after working for the family business for 10 years, the company was sold to a large firm. He then founded Weiss-Aug in 1972 with his partner Kurt Augustin, while pursuing his industrial engineering degree at NJIT.
Dieter’s vision has led to the growth of Weiss-Aug, and now the Weiss-Aug Group.
Our vision as a company is to create an exciting environment that will attract and retain the finest people committed to manufacturing creative and innovative components and products.
Customer satisfaction, based on continuous improvement, trust, and respect within a teamwork-oriented culture, will prevail. This is the Weiss-Aug Group Vision.
- The Higgins Design Award by the Precision Metalforming Association (PMA) for its power conductors and snap domes. These components were part of a switching device that carries and controls electrical energy.
- The Higgins Design Award by the Precision Metalforming Association (PMA) for its redesign of a complex stamping process to produce a radio frequency (RF) connector.
- A.R. Hedberg Training & Education Award presented by the Precision Metalforming Association to The Diemasters. The award recognizes the high standards of achievement set by the metalforming industry in the areas of design, safety, training and education, process control, quality, productivity, and product development.
- Higgins-Caditz Design Award for the redesign of the ViewScan microfilm/microfiche reader that it manufactures for ST Imaging.
- PMA's Awards of Excellence in Metalforming recognize the high standards of achievement set by the metalforming industry
- The Supplier Quality and Innovation Awards by Covidien/Medtronic
- The Diemasters recognized The Hitachi Pioneer Award for its Training and Workforce Development (LISSTs Training)
- The Supplier Excellence Award by Medtronic as one of the top 12 suppliers from their 52,000 worldwide vendor base. The key factors for consideration included Commitment to Innovation, Service, Quality, and Value.
- The Supplier Excellence Award: Driving Value by Medtronic. Weiss-Aug is the only company that received this award for two consecutive years.
How can we help?
Request a Quote (Capabilities)
“Today through use of innovative lean manufacturing techniques, expansive engineered processes and a strict adherence to the highest quality and safety standards, our stamping plant has successfully produced recent multi-year PPM ratings of less than one. Our stamping philosophies have also earned us high supplier ratings with both automotive and medical customers and continuous positive auditing scores from yearly ISO 9001:2015, ISO 13485:2016, ISO 14001:2015 audits and IATF 16949:2016.”
— Dieter Weissenrieder, CEO and Founder